- Photographs: Sergio Gómez
Manufacturers: Adoquinar, Agregados del Norte, Caputi & Vieira, Cimbrados, Durapanel, Energia Solar, Estaco, Vinicol
- Coordinator:Carlos Enrique Montoya
- Project Team:Isabel Dapena, Jorge Gómez, César Rodríguez, Andrés Bucella, Alejandro Naranjo, Natalia Alcocer, Sofía Mora
- Competition Consultants:Abg. Juan Carlos Pérez, Dr. Ciencias Políticas Leonardo Ramírez, Ing. Admin. Sebastián Jaén, Ing. Forestal Ana María Monsalve, Dis. Graf. Mariana Quintero, Ing. Andrés Jiménez
- Structural Design:Respuestas Estructurales
- Electrical And Mechanical:HMV
- Plumbing:Claudia Bustamante
- Hvac:José Tovar
- Bioclimatic Consultant:PVG Arquitectos
- Lighting Consultant:PVG Arquitectos
- Acoustics Consultant:PVG Arquitectos
- Flooring Consultant:Germán Madrid
- Logistics Consultant:Carlos Duque
- Landscape Consultant:Jardín Botánico de Medellín
- Construction Stage 1 1:Consorcio CONVEL/SAINC
- Construction Stage 1 2 (Finishes):Coninsa / RamónH
- Prior Auditing Consultant:UNAL Medellín
- Antioquia Government :Instituto para el Desarrollo de Antoquia IDEA
- Project Auditing Stage 1:Inter-A-Plus
- Project Auditing Stage 1 2:Ingeniería Estructural
Text description provided by the architects. It arises from our reflection on the region, its geographical, biological and cultural diversity, it is a gamble to build an architecture with a tropical identity, where the environmental and climatic conditions are a starting point.
It is a project that recognizes and incorporates traditional elements of the architecture of Medellín, such as courtyards, terraces, bridges and balconies carried in a contemporary manner to an office building typology. Also, it is an invitation to an urban model that actively incorporates vegetation in its urban spaces, and that represents a society that lives with the exuberance and fertility of its own territory.
In its first phase, consisting of the improvement of 15,000 m2 of public space in an urban base of three levels, with a variety of enclosures and programs, there are also the institutional towers, which currently house decentralized offices of the Government of Antioquia and the Medellin City Council; and along with them, two complementary buildings, the first of which is the headquarters for Teleantioquia public channel with production areas, and the second, the auditorium of the Cultural Center, a venue for cultural activities that complements the institutional activities of the area.
The second future stage will incorporate the hotel volume, a horizontal piece which will conclude the proposed urban form.