- Architect In Charge:Gonçalo Sousa Byrne, João Pedro Falcão de Campos
- Collaborators:Ana Moniz, Gabriela Raposo, Isabel Monteiro, José Ricardo Vaz, Luís Cordeiro, Luísa Ramalho, Neuza Talhão, Sofia Saraiva
- Landscape Design:Marta Byrne
- Engineering:A2P – Margarida Oom, Grade Ribeiro, Joule, José Galvão Teles
- Client:A2P, Margarida Oom, Grade Ribeiro, Joule, José Galvão Teles
- City:São Martinho do Porto
Text description provided by the architects. The project of the Urban Requalification of S. Martinho do Porto tries to achieve, in a 3 phased cycles, the improvement and enrichment of the village. For that purpose the design tries to conceal the individual and the collective, the new and the pre-existing.
With the intention to overcome the barrier between the lowest level – the town, and the highest level – the historic center, a panoramic elevator was designed.
The José Bento da Silva square – a space overseeing the bay – sets a relationship between the sea level and the seaside resort level through the succession of several existent hillside layers. These different levels provide to the viewer different kinds of impressions, feelings, moments and views.
The tourist information center gathers several functions within its small area, such as exposition, meeting and information spaces.