- Cost Management:Büro für Bauökonomie AG, 6003 Luzern (CH)
- Structural Engineer:Berchtold, Eicher Bauingenieure AG, 6003 Zug (CH)
- Mechanical Engineer:Dr. Eicher, Pauli AG, 6010 Kriens (CH)
- Electrical Engineer:B+S Elektro Engineering AG, 6020 Emmenbrücke (CH)
- Construction Physicist:Martinelli, Menti AG, 6003 Luzern (CH)
- Color Consulting:Angelika Walthert
- Facade Consulting:Feroplan Engineering AG, 8045 Zürich (CH)
Text description provided by the architects. The competition site, a plot of land for public use , is located between the residential area and the area, mainly commercial, bordering the main traffic arteries. The residential area is characterized by small size and uniformity of the houses and big size of the parcels.
The task of the project is essentially the careful insertion of 280 rooms for students, paying attention to the specific requirements dictated by modern student accommodation standard. Compatibility with the district is required .
The vertical and horizontal development of the modular building, allows an adaptation to the topography and the adjustment of the building volume to the program; also allows a limitation of the height of the building in relation to the residential neighborhood. The new building is built in a modular complex form.
The size of the building is structured so as to assume the module of the existing houses in the district: is made up of prisms with an area of approximately 12x12m, lined up like dominoes. The single modular element is based on the size of a room of approximately 13m2 which also corresponds to the constructive structure of the building. The integration of the new building in the park is completed with the green cover of the roof.