Text description provided by the architects. A narrow and long-streched house situated between woods and the campus of the technical college : this is the new cafeteria for about 1200 students and lecturers. The cafeteria both adds to the building complex and serves as a new central meeting - point for the students. The appearance of the building is dominated by larch and glass. Slats in a row plus a roof form an elongated room with open gable-end facades.
A solid core to stabilize the building was put into the columnless hall. A wooden cover is put over it. The closed wooden roof is supported by a multitude of arranged slats.
During daytime the appearance is modelled by varying light and shadow. This is a building with a smootht structure integrating harmonically both the standards of the programme and those of the local situation.