- Desing Team:Inês Lobo, João Rosário, João Vaz, Gilberto Reis, Júlia Varela, Filipe Soares, Sérgio Silva, Sérgio Pereira, Henrieta Selcová, Vasco Lopes, Sónia Ribeiro, Job Morais, Pedro Coelho, Rafael Marques
- Structures:Pedro Morujão
- Hydraulic Installations:Fernanda Valente
- Electrical Installations, Telecommunication And Security:Fernando Aires, Alexandre Martins
- Landscape Architecture:João Gomes da Silva
- Project Revision:Rui Prata Ribeiro, Paula Balseiro
- Construction Company:Casais
- Architect In Charge:Inês Lobo Arquitectos
- City:Figueira da Foz
Text description provided by the architects. Reuse: Reuse requires the reading of what the history is leaving, and that has to be done each time in shorter time intervals, recognize a structure reinventing a way to inhabit it, reveal its qualities, understand its purpose and decide how to transform.
Program: Adaptation of the school program at today's education requirements. the fundamental themes are: the school opened to the community, the school as a space of freedom for children.
Existing program: A building constructed in 1969, in good condition. A school that always occupied the space with great intelligence and care.
Subtraction. Decide what to amputate in a body that apparently works, but that does not resist the introduction of the new program.
Subtract: ancillary buildings, the central body of the school and digging up a patio.
Addition: Add a new body to reconnect the existing constructions, three cores that solve accesses and technical areas.
Strategy: Reuse the original buildings recovering systems and constructive materials draw the new buildings as pieces of the outer voids. Clarify the circulations. Expand the possibilities of relationship with the outside world. Introducing comfort.