The Victorian Coalition Government’s design competition to re-imagine Flinders Street Station in Melbourne has entered its final phase with the six shortlisted competitors submitting their final designs. Selected from 117 entries, the shortlist includes the following Australian and international firms:
- Ashton Raggatt McDougall (Melbourne)
- John Wardle Architects + Grimshaw (Melbourne and UK)
- HASSELL + Herzog & de Meuron (Melbourne and Switzerland)
- NH Architecture (Melbourne)
- Eduardo Velasquez + Manuel Pineda + Santiago Medina (Colombia via University of Melbourne)
- Zaha Hadid Architecture & BVN Architecture (UK and Melbourne)
Come July 23rd, the public will be given the opportunity to review each design and vote for the People’s Choice Award - an opportunity that has raised some serious questions on the public's role in design competitions such as this as it is unclear whether or not the People's Choice Award will be allowed to influence the jury's final say.
The jury is expected to select a winner on August 8, following an in-depth review and presentation from each team.