- Architect In Charge: Edoardo Cappuccio, Giuseppe Donato, Tomaso Macchi Cassia
- Collaborator: Paola Seria
- Structural Engineering: Lucio Bertotti
- Client: IPES - Istituto per l'Edilizia Sociale della Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano
- Costo Total: 19.000.000 €
- City: Bolzano
- Country: Italy
Text description provided by the architects. The project starts with a competition publicly announced by the Social Housing Institute based on a Detailed Plan for the residential expansion. This is a tool the municipal administration has to face the need of social housing with an excellent settlement pattern clearly recognizable in the peripheral context.
The plan provides the creation of blocks, the “castles”, made of 3-4 buildings located around an open tree lined court.
Following the numerous Plan restrictions, the building emphasizes the unity of the plot by working on the concept of block and by identifying a single kind of construction for the front. In order to be able to see the whole structure as a uniform architectural element, a single plan of covering correspondence – considered as fifth view - has been created. The building, in energy class CasaClima A, is covered with panels of GRC.