- Collaborators : Aroa Álvarez, Rubén Páez, Joana M.Verd, Lorena Bello
- Architecture Students : Cristina Capell, Carmen Muñoz, Joan Arnau
- Client : Suelo y Vivienda de Aragón S.L.
- Model : Shinji Miyazaki, architect
- Structures : David García, BIS arquitectes
- Facilities : JG asociados
- Material Budget : 4.313.736 €
- Contractor Budget : 6.340.000 €
- Program : Pool, sports center, and gyms
- Architects : Alday Jover Arquitectura y Paisaje / Iñaki Alday, Margarita Jover
- Technical Architect : Fernando Benedicto
- City : Zaragoza
- Country : Spain
2002 Competition, 1st Prize in design ideas competition.
A vertical overlap of pools, sports center and gym in a small urban lot for the size of the program required. A dark concrete volume: compact and rugged on the outside, luminous and smooth inside, excavated and torn to allow light into the large spaces it houses.
The pools are located below ground, open to an empty courtyard on the south facade, and to the playground of the adjacent school. The sports track is above them, with views to the outside through the same courtyard. The gyms are inserted, alternating, between the trusses of the roof of the track, forming a frieze of solid and void, with visual relationships between them and with the track. The entrances and cafeteria or the bleachers and offices are located on the mezzanines that arise at the levels of swimming pools and tracks.
The vertical core and the entrances occupy the apex of the site, at the confluence of the streets. The locker rooms are located along the west facade. A single material, black dyed concrete, makes up the exterior and interior walls, as well as the floor finish in the circulation areas. The technical floors, bright green for the pools, orange for the track, and blue for the gyms, color the light of each space.