After years of production, the documentary film Archiculture is set to premiere at this year’s Newport Beach Film Festival, which will commence on April 25th. Highlighting a group of students amidst their final design projects, the film illustrates the strengths and perils of architectural education. Shigeru Ban, Thom Mayne, Ken Frampton and Phil Bernstein are some of the leading architects, educators and historians that will be featured in the film and offering insightful criticism about studio-based, design education as it exists today.
Check out the trailer above and continue after the break for more information.
- Intro - Welcome to archiCULTURE
- Design Education - So What Exactly is Design Education?
- Studio Culture - Meet Your New Family
- Critique - Desk Crits, Pin Ups, Juries O’ My!
- Best Architects - Making it as an Architect
- School vs. Practice - Two Worlds Collide
- Starchitecture - The Plague of the Starchitect
- New generation - The Designers of Tomorrow
- The Future - I want to...
Learn more at the official Archiculture website!