Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co.

Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - FacadeBangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - FacadeBangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Facade, ConcreteBangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Stairs, Windows, HandrailBangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - More Images+ 36

• Architects: OFFICE AT Co.:  OFFICE AT Co., Ltd.
  • Area Area of this architecture project Area:  1612
  • Year Completion year of this architecture project Year:  2007
  • Photographs
    Photographs: Wison Tungthunya

Text description provided by the architects. PROGRAM: Bangkok University Admission and Information Center building is a mix used building. it’s include various programs to support many activities in Bangkok university campus, Three main programs of this building are admission and information center serve as information, admission area also functions as living room of the university. The second program: Student lounge area is a place for student activities such as study and research group, relax etc. and the last one is 80 seats restaurant for public and student training.

Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Facade
©  Wison Tungthunya

STACK: when 2 main programs were lifted to the second floor, Under information area were leave as open space for the flow of circulation on the campus where as other area on the lower floor were used for service zone and restaurant.

Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Facade, Windows
©  Wison Tungthunya

ACCESS

Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Facade, Concrete
©  Wison Tungthunya

The building site is in front of the main campus of Bangkok University. The information center program is on the second floor so the Main exterior stair is link directly from the plaza that opens to the public. These stair is divide into 2 levels for reduce the height of the stair. The first level uses the same material as the plaza. The second level is designed for user can walk comfortably.

©  Wison Tungthunya

STAIR+RAMP

To support various users from different direction, the building was provided interior stair with skylight through the aluminum fin. On the back it also has a ramp to support disable people and connect the building with the landscape and building nearby.

Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Chair, Windows
©  Wison Tungthunya

REFLECTING POOL

A black granite reflecting pool is provided in front of the building to make user feel comfortable and relax when they use the building.

CANTILEVER BOX

The cantilever box at student lounge is cover with double layer skin. The inner layer is transparency glass. The outer skin is perforated aluminum panel which continue from interior space to cover the cantilever box. The effect of this double layer skin is it opaque at day time which provides privacy for student lounge and transparency at night time which provides security.

Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co. - Facade, Windows, Handrail
©  Wison Tungthunya

MATERIAL

The main material is Painted plastered brick wall. The admission center is frame with concrete and opaque glass to communicate with the street. The other functions are cover with tinted glassed.

Project gallery

See allShow less

Project location

Address:Bangkok University Kluaynamtai Campus, Bangkok, Thailand

Click to open map
Location to be used only as a reference. It could indicate city/country but not exact address.
About this office
Cite: "Bangkok University Admission and Information Center / OFFICE AT Co." 20 Dec 2010. ArchDaily. Accessed . <https://www.archdaily.com/96254/bangkok-university-admission-and-information-center-office-at-co> ISSN 0719-8884

©  Wison Tungthunya

You've started following your first account!

Did you know?

You'll now receive updates based on what you follow! Personalize your stream and start following your favorite authors, offices and users.