UseFurniture and interior construction
ApplicationsCladding, carcassing, table tops/desking, shelving, sliding doors, internal doors and furniture
CharacteristicsChipboard surface layers with recycled cardboard honeycomb core, 60 % lighter than its equivalent thickness in chipboard, high strength
More about this product
EGGER Eurolight is a sandwich construction made from chipboard top and bottom surface layers, combined with a light, yet robust recycled cardboard honeycomb core. Low weight and high strength make Eurolight boards perfectly suited to a wide range of applications such as cladding, carcassing, table tops/desking, shelving, sliding doors, internal doors and furniture.
Your benefits at a glance
- Create thick, premium looking furniture more easily and for less cost
- Up to 60 % lighter than its equivalent thickness in chipboard which makes furniture easier to carry around and to process
- High strength means less bending in wide spans
- Hollow core enables hidden LED lighting and wiring
- Environmentally friendly product saving resources
Good to know
EGGER's Eurolight is available either with a decorative surface, raw (for bonding veneer or laminates), or a painting grade option (for client specific uni colours). It comes in either 38 mm or 50 mm thickness, with matching edging. To further emphasise the thickness, you can use one of our Accent edges or one of our ABS edges to create a contrast.