UHPC Ceramic Veneer by Hofmann is a thin lightweight composite façade panel made from ceramic veneer backed with ultra-high performance concrete. This ceramic-faced precast solution is creating a new future for prefabricated architecture, by creating classic, earthern-looking facades that are lightweight, making it easier to use them on buildings.
The Ceramic Veneer is suited for complex three-dimensional geometries calling for specifications beyond current size or weight limitations. Ultra-thin, full floor height elements no longer requiring tower cranes for installation help maximize floor space use while guaranteeing long-term durability and thermal load mitigation.
- Improved Carbon Footprint –less cement
- Weight reduction –30% of precast
- Loads on superstructure reduced
- Anchor sizes can be downsized
- Tenable floor space gain
- More space for insulation
- More space for fireproofing
- Installation from floor slab
- No tower crane necessary
- Program acceleration
- Superior performance (Blast, etc)
- Thermal separation between Veneer &UHPC
- Enhanced durability
- Total cost savings