OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. The W40 range is an evolution of the classic W20 range developed by OTTOSTUMM in 1964. Produced for the first time in 1995 it consists of 17 hot-rolled profiles. The strong point of this “younger” series is the increased profile depth, which can accommodate double-glazing up to a thickness of 27mm. The W40 suite proposed by OTTOSTUMM is not only used in the field of restoration but also in contemporary architecture for its elegant and compact sightlines. It provides safety and comfort thanks to its excellent thermal and acoustic performance. The system is technically considered a “heavy-duty” range, which allows for tall and expansive windows.
- Solid hot-rolled steel profiles
- Classic “Stepped leg” design
- Material thickness up to 5 mm
- Self-adhesive non-shrinking gaskets
- Accommodates low emissivity double-glazing up to 27 mm
- Choice of different glazing beads
- Compatible with tilt and turn fittings
- Fixed glazing, single-sash and double-sash, side-hung and bottom-hung windows opening inwards and outwards, top-hung, vertical and horizontal pivoting windows, window and doors opening inwards and outwards
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which steel window profiles are formed, are smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and glass recycled.