UseInterior and exterior
ApplicationsWalls, facades, columns, interior and exterior spaces, enclosures and virtual divisions
CharacteristicsLow-maintenance, improves air quality, temperature control, noise reduction
Jakob presents Green façades, which is a wall system, where climbing plants or cascading groundcovers are trained to cover specially designed supporting structures.
Green façades use climbing plants, which are divided into self-supporting plants like root climbers or adhesive-suckers, and plants that need supporting structure, like twining vines, leaf-stem climbers, leaf climbers, or scrambling plants.
There are different types of support structures for Jakob's Green façades:
- Modular trellis system: Stainless steel cable and rope wire systems consist of a kit of parts that includes high-tensile steel cables, wire trellises, anchors, spacers, and supplementary equipment. Vertical and horizontal wires can be connected through cross clamps to form a flexible trellis system in various sizes and patterns. And to cover large areas, stainless steel wire-rope nets can be supported on flexible or rigid frames.
- Single cables system: Cables can be oriented in a vertical or horizontal arrangement and spaced to suit the overall look and/or plant type selected. Single Cable Trellis systems are a great way to draw vines up a space while scrambling plants love to sprawl sideways along horizontal style trellises.
- Webnet for Greening: The stainless-steel mesh Webnet as a plant support blends well with modern architecture and enables an exact greening of the façade.
- Green façades require less intensive maintenance than living walls do.
- Green façades support a great diversity of plant species, including a mixture of groundcovers, ferns, low shrubs, perennial flowers, and edible plants.
- Plant materials can be rooted at the base of the structures, in intermediate planters, or on rooftops.
- Green façades can be attached to existing walls or built as freestanding structures.
- This system provides ventilated façades.
- Provides indoor temperature control and noise reduction.
- It improves air quality.
- Generates eco-balance.