ApplicationsAirports, schools, cafeterias, locker rooms, museums, restaurants, hospitals, office buildings, stadiums & convention centers, shopping malls and other commercial, industrial and institutional applications
CharacteristicsCustomer assistance throughout the entire process, high aesthetic appeal, fast delivery times, durability and low maintenance, extensive color, pattern and aggregate options
CertificationCA 10350, LEED
Terrazzo & Marble has supplied terrazzo materials to numerous hospitals and healthcare centers, providing highly durable, low-maintenance, aesthetically pleasing and sustainable epoxy flooring.
When it comes to healthcare facilities, continuous seamless floors that can be easily cleaned and allow the traffic of wheelchairs and hospital beds are highly important.
- Durability: Terrazzo’s impeccable durability and strength are ideal for the various high traffic areas found within hospitals such as entryways, hallways and waiting rooms. While the initial cost for other flooring systems might appear to be more affordable, they require more maintenance than terrazzo flooring. Other flooring systems such as carpet or vinyl tiles have to be replaced frequently, especially in large high traffic areas, while terrazzo stands the test of time and typically lasts the lifetime of the building.
- Low Maintenance: Since hospitals are continuously operating, the easier the maintenance, the better. Seamless terrazzo flooring allows for easy cleaning and sanitizing, and day-to-day maintenance only requires using a mop and a bucket of warm water. Terrazzo & Marble's Terroxy Resin Systems Epoxy Matrix also helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus, reducing the transfer of germs within the building.
- Aesthetics: Terrazzo offers unlimited possibilities by allowing any imaginable combination of colors, patterns, logos, and pictures. This allows designers and architects to create original designs that may incorporate hospital branding and a wide range of colors into the floor. Terroxy Resin Systems' special formulation does not allow for colors to fade or wear thin.
- Sustainability: Terrazzo has long been a recycled product and was created centuries ago by Venetian workers who used waste chips from slab marble processing. The following aspects make Terroxy Resin Systems a sustainable choice for hospital flooring:
- Use of recycled content for aggregates
- Use of local/regional materials
- High durability, lasting the lifetime of the building
- Does not emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)