Public Play Space (PPS) is launching a Call for Best Practices for projects and concepts focusing on innovative and creative practices for the co-design of inclusive, cohesive, and sustainable public spaces and cities, through the use of games and digital technologies.
PPS is a project co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, aiming at exploring the development of innovative and creative practices for the co-design of inclusive, cohesive and sustainable public spaces, through the use of games and digital technologies.
This Call is an opportunity to present your project at the European scale! PPS is looking for best practices (either developed and applied projects or at concept stage) in the field of games targeted at facilitating participatory processes.
Please find all the information related to the Call here www.publicplayspace.eu/state-of-the-art-catalogue
BACKGROUND: ABOUT THE CALL FOR BEST PRACTICES OF PUBLIC PLAY SPACE
The development of information and communication technologies has opened new frontiers in the use of games within participatory processes and during the last decade several new experimentations of video games usage for participatory planning have been developed.
The objective is to illustrate and inspire a global discussion around how digital technologies, in combination with gamification strategies, can be used to co-design public space and inform placemaking.
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA AND PROJECTS ELIGIBILITY
We aim to collect innovative and creative practices in the field of co-design. The case studies must be successful projects or concepts that cover at least two of the following criteria:
• Placemaking: understood as a collaborative process by which the public realm can be shaped;
• Gaming mechanisms: considering games as a means of facilitating participatory processes;
• Digital or non-digital tools: use of technologies that are employed to boost decision making and participation;
• Communal decision-making: topics involving civic participation strategies;
These case studies may showcase any project or concept developed in the European territory and can be submitted by either the author, co-author, or contributor.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR AWARDEES
• Presentation at Symposium: The best two practices will be invited to be showcased at the forthcoming Symposium on Public Play Space that will be held in Barcelona in mid 2021. The two winners will receive a travel and subsistence allowance.
• Publication: Selected entries will be published online (with ISBN) in the Public Play Space State of the Art Catalogue and Book.
Submissions Deadline: 1 February 2020
Jury Meeting: 20 February 2020
Announcement of Results: 25 February 2020
Deadline for Symposium speaker’s confirmation: 1 August 2021
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleOPEN CALL FOR BEST PRACTICES ON PUBLIC PLAY SPACE INITIATIVES (Call for submissions)
TypeCall for Submissions
Submission DeadlineFebruary 01, 2020 11:30 PM