Open Call For Exhibition Proposals for the United Arab Emirates Pavilion at the 17th International Architecture Exhibition 2020
Architects, designers, artists, curators, historians and researchers who have worked or studied within the UAE or the MENASA region are invited to submit a Concept Proposal that avails of the Venice Architecture Biennale’s reputation as a forum for the dissemination and exchange of ideas. Proposals should advance the NPUAE mission, which is to un-earth and reflect on the untold stories of the UAE, to contextualize those stories to regional and international discourse, and to identify contemporary developments in architectural discourse within the UAE.
Concept Proposals should consider, but not be limited by the following points:
- How is the chosen subject or theme relevant to current regional and global discussions in the fields of architecture and urban planning or design?
- Does the subject or theme relate to past NPUAE pavilions? If so, how does the proposed exhibition build upon what has been done?
- How flexible is the conceptual approach to the proposed pavilion and will it allow for modifications to accommodate the overall theme of La Biennale once it has been announced?
- 2020 will usher in a new decade. How does this impact the subject or theme of the proposed pavilion? If so, then how?
- Proposals that explore how these ideas will be expressed and communicated to a wide audience, alongside how they generate discussion between professionals and the public are encouraged
- Proposals that challenge conventional exhibition formats are encouraged and welcomed
Concept Proposals must be submitted in a single PDF containing the following, no more than 10 pages:
- A clear narrative that describes the subject or theme and clearly explains the conceptual approach to the pavilion (up to 1,000 words)
- Any visual support material (e.g. photos, sketches, etc.)
- List of team members (if applicable)
- Short Bio of team members (no more than 500 words per person)
- Passport Copies and full contact details of each team member
- Up to three samples of past work (no more than 3 images per project)
- All applications must be in English
Register to download the full details and submission guidelines: http://www.nationalpavilionuae.org/open-call
TitleCall for Submissions: National Pavilion United Arab Emirates - La Biennale di Venezia 2020
TypeCall for Submissions
Registration DeadlineOctober 31, 2018 11:27 AM
Submission DeadlineOctober 31, 2019 11:27 AM