The Lisbon Triennale is looking for national and international independently funded proposals that can be articulated and also complement the central program of its 5th edition, that will take place between October 3rd and December 2nd 2019.
The Associated Projects can be exhibitions, workshops, talks, and this year also film or music events, which deal with crucial problems relating to contemporary architecture and are interested in a lively debate. All these events will make a solid parallel program composed of varied events that ensures Lisbon as a central point in the international architectural debate. We also want it to show a rich independent production of great relevance and value, so essential to the cultural living mechanisms of the city.
The projects should stimulate and question the practice and reflection of rationality in architecture, ensuring a broader cultural and creative scope. At the same time, it will give the projects exposure to key audiences and influencers within a well-established national and international event.
The Triennale 2019, that has as main title "The Poetics of Reason", will house and promote projects connected to one or more exhibition themes:
- That investigates how creative imagination is nurtured by an ongoing confrontation with rational thought and devises rational systems to materialize their own visual, physical and mental universe.
- That is based upon economy of means.
- That thinks in a critical way the issue of contemporary ornament.
- That investigates relationships between architecture and permaculture in literal or metaphorical/conceptual ways.
- That investigates the issue of rational construction in contemporary ways.
The Lisbon Triennale is happy to act as a visibility platform and interface between audiences, actors and content, fostering awareness, interest and insight.
The selection for Associated Projects (12 projects) will be made by the curators of Lisbon Architecture Triennale 2019, a team led by Chief curator Éric Lapierre, and a curatorial team composed by Sébastien Marot, Mariabruna Fabrizi, Fosco Lucarelli, Ambra Fabi, Giovanni Piovene, Laurent Esmilaire and Tristan Chadney.
TitleCall for Submission: Associated Projects of the Lisbon Triennale 2019
TypeCall for Submissions
Registration DeadlineOctober 30, 2018 07:04 PM
Submission DeadlineOctober 31, 2018 07:00 PM