As part of larger ElBaseetah Suburbs for Investment and Community Development S.A.E. RTNHB project in south Egypt; RTNHB will provide an entertainment and social space among Nubian people, their visitors, and guests. Funded by ECO Group, the site will be an attractive Nubian area, a spot of social interaction, cultural dialogue, and place for entertainment in front of Philae Temple.
The RTNHB project will contain the following elements and components to incubate the interactive livelihood needed:
1. Gameiya (A Multipurpose room suitable for all kind of social events such as community gatherings, weddings, workshop, conference, etc…).
2. Housing Complex for authentic Nubians that can accommodate their guests and visitors from worldwide.
3. Outdoor meditation area and assembly point integrated with the natural landscape of the place.
4. Community terrace for looking at Philae Temple, placed on top of one of the renovated houses.
5. Water reservoir for domestic use.
Exceptional, unique design ideas and concepts are essential in order to enhance the site appeal and attractiveness. As a contemporary Nubian Architecture in respect to sustaining heritage of authentic Nubians of Bigga island. Serving the development of the housing complex as an action towards reintegrating to the natural settings of Bigga Island achieving the space program below and proposing landscape and other utilities and services to the site.
1- Housing Complex, 8 Units, 30 Beds, and 16 Rooms (Including individual Toilet for each Room)
2- Gameiya (MPU); According to the capacity 60 person
3- Community Terrace; According to the capacity 30 person
4- Water Reservoir;According to the capacity 60 person
After registration final TOR and AutoCad files will be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleThe Rehabilitation of Traditional Nubian Houses of Bigga
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline10/09/2017 12:00
Submission Deadline10/09/2017 17:00
VenueBigga Island, Aswa, Egypt