From historic Lisbon to lively Madrid, visit and explore 12 cities and two UNESCO World Heritage Sites while enjoying world-class accommodations and fine regional dining. See the iconic Belem Tower in Lisbon, visit the renowned Cathedral in Seville, and experience the eclectic architecture of Madrid including the 2,800-room Rococo Royal Palace.
Feel the unique spell of Iberia’s rich Roman and Moorish past and the pull of its vibrant contemporary life on this distinctive journey through the intimate lodgings of Portugal’s pousadas and Spain’s paradores.
Call now to book or to learn more! 1.800.293.5725
- 04/02/2018 – 04/16/2018
- Max. 24 guests
- Marvel at Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, a monastery built to house some of Portugal’s treasures.
- Take in the Tower of Belem, a symbol of Lisbon.
- Enjoy enchanting Evora, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the architectural gems of Portugal.
- Discover the National Palace of Queluz, the summer residence of Portuguese royalty.
- Explore the magnificent Mezquita Mosque-Cathedral in Cordoba’s Old Quarter.
- See Moorish architecture at the Alcazar palace.
- Awe at the Alhambra, the grand palace-fortress of Spain’s last Moorish rulers.
- Visit the Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology in Lisbon. Newly opened in 2016, this innovative space designed by Amanda Levete Architects is an example of industrial architecture whose space celebrates exhibitions of contemporary art, architects and critical thinkers.
- Explore the ancient city of Mérida, once the capital of the Roman province of Lusitania, that contains the most Roman ruins in Spain.
- Visit Toledo’s most impressive monument: the Gothic Cathedral, which was constructed over a period of more than 250 years, from 1226 to 1493.
TitleArchitectural Adventures: Across Portugal and Southern Spain
FromApril 02, 2018 09:00 AM
UntilApril 16, 2018 05:00 PM
VenueRoyal Palace, Spain