- Structural Design:TORI-SHA/Yoko Masuda
- Facility Design:Hiroshi Hasegawa
- Lighting Design:Clip
- Clients:Maniwa City
- Architects In Charge:Kenichi Ohara, Ayako Fukagawa
Text description provided by the architects. This is a CLT model building built next to the station in Maniwa. The use of the building is a public toilet and a rest space.
Maniwa city has materials and technology of CLT. We proposed four things and were selected in the design competition.
1. Utilize the characteristics of CLT (Cross Laminated Timber).
2. Create an attractive woody space to show the potential of CLT.
3. People can feel the size, warmth, touch of CLT in everyday life.
4. Through this construction project, to encourage "Town Planning".
The building is a simple structure. Three large walls support three roofs. It is characterized by a large cantilevered roof and a wall with many holes.
That space is like the furniture of wood. Because not only structural members but also partition and lining were made with CLT.
We set up a relaxing terrace facing the cherry blossoms so that this building will be a comfortable space as a cycling station and a place to gather.
Since benches and cycle racks made with CLT were placed around the building, in front of the station it became a square where people can spend like a park.