The Waste Architecture is a new and relatively unexplored conceptual and design topic focused on the architecture for the environment and, more specifically, the architecture of major works related to Waste Management.
The need to integrate waste disposal systems into an environmental planning strategy connected to the landscape and urban space requires an integrated planning activity and a multidisciplinary approach. From this perspective, the technical aspects, once the exclusive domain of environmental engineering, nowadays give rise to an interesting synergy with architecture.
For this reason, Waste Architecture has been introduced in the symposium programme of Sardinia 2017- 16th International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium, a world-renowned event registering the attendance of approximately 800 experts from throughout the world, to be held at Forte Village Resort in Cagliari (Italy) from 2 to 6 October 2017.
In the prestigious contest of the Sardinia Symposium the WA sessions will provide the setting for in-depth discussion aimed not only at environmental professionals, but also experts in architecture, and urban and landscape design, and will represent an opportunity to come into contact with the world-leading experts in the field of waste management.
WA sessions at Sardinia 2017 will be coordinated by Studio Arcoplan.
The WA Sessions will focus mainly on the following topics:
- Architecture of buildings for waste treatment (Waste to energy plants, incinerators, …)
- Functional requalification of old and new landfill sites
- Landfill mining for land reuse and remediation of degraded land
- Integration of pneumatic waste collection system in the urban space
- Design of facilities for separate collection systems, transfer stations, etc…
- Locations for waste disposal and relationships with the city
- Waste Architecture and circular economy (Reuse Centres, ...)
TitleWaste Architecture at Sardinia 2017 Symposium
FromOctober 02, 2017 09:00 AM
UntilOctober 06, 2017 07:00 PM
VenueForte Village Resort, Strada Statale 195 Sulcitana, 09010 Santa Margherita di Pula CA, Italy
Detailed information on the Symposium is available at: http://www.sardiniasymposium.it/waste-architecture.aspx