TU Delft Architecture School was devastated by fire today. The fire, belived to have been started by a short circuit in a coffee machine caused by a faulty water pipe, was so poweful that the fire brigade couldn’t get close to it and decided to stand back and let the fire burn itself out.
No injuries were reported, but several collections and student/faculty works were lost, including their historic chair collection.
Hopefully, this disaster will open an opportunity for the brilliant dutch architects out there to design a new building.
via BD Online