- Architects Collaborators:Claudia Gutierrez, Alba Márquez
- Quantity Surveyor In Charge:Javier Sánchez Berdugo
- Contractor :Criseba S. L.
- Architects In Charge:Jose Miguel Vázquez , Jose María Olmedo
Text description provided by the architects. This house has three elements very importants: 1. The developers: Joseba and María . 2. The situation, Gaucín and 3. The position, linked with the land and the amazing views.
- Joseba and María are a very special partner. They have marked the character of the house. He is a renowned painter (www.sanchezzabaleta.com) who comes from Basque country to Gaucin attracted by the position and the views of the city. He needed a place to work and looked for an architect who understood his ideas of the lights and the space. The work developed shared the client and the architect ideas
2. The geographic situation is very important too. Gaucin is one of the most singular villages in the Ronda mountain area. The Town is like a balcony looking at the Strait of Gibraltar and Africa. Its privileged situation gives to Gaucin a amazing weather in addition to the views. The Villa is configurated by narrows streets and white Walls. Our idea is to play with white faces and shadows to be integrated with the surroundings
3. The plot position is in the highest area of the village and its link with the views and the landscape will be decisive in the concept of the form of the house: a white prism sculpted in the rock to hold a painting studio and a dwelling
The painting studio, sited in the ground floor, has double height to allow paint large format pictures. The control of the natural light, thanks to a patio drilled in the stone, is other requirement.
The bedroom is in the same space. This attic room is built with a light structure and open to the work area .
The living area is upstairs, developed as a open space and looking at the amazing views.
You can go to the roof trought a footbridge sited in the backyard garden . This area is like a white oasis, where the swiming pool , the Infinity views and the sky allow you to dream.
Finally is very important to highlight the work to integrate the project in the nearest surroundings. We have tried to not design anything new, we have just used the tradition, the light and the shadows