- Interiors : DECADA / Lucia Corredor
- Construction : Silvestre Vega, Hermelindo Dominguez, Jose Ramirez
- Advisors : Juan Sodi, Salvador Diaz de Leon, Victor Raygoza
- Structural Design : IESSA / Javier Ribe, Alfredo Adame
- Ironworks : Enedino Barragan
- Building Services : Miguel Angel Dorantes, Sergio Vega, Antonio Esparza
- Palapas : Alejandro Sanjines
- Framing : Javier Gomez, Ruben Dario, Josue Vazquez
- Local Architect : J. Alfonso Quiñones, Joaquin Castillo
- Taaa Team : Alex Iida
- Baaq Team : Luis Muñoz, Daniel Barragan, Guillermo Mauricio, David Serrano, Angeles Rubio, Alfredo Nader, Alejandro Nuñez, Emiliano Aivar, Inca Hernandez, Isabel Bezies, Alfonso Sodi
- Site Area : 250000 sqm
- City : Puerto Escondido
- Country : Mexico
Text description provided by the architects. Wabi House is a project by architect Tadao Ando, where BAAQ' collaborated as associate architect on the development of the executive project and construction coordination.
It is located on the coast of Oaxaca 30 minutes from the city of Puerto Escondido on a site of 25 hectares.
Wabi House is a foundation created by the artist Bosco Sodi which aims to promote the exchange of ideas between artists of various disciplines and local communities.
All spaces in Wabi House have been designed to accentuate the landscape of the area. Facilities include six private bedrooms, two shared studies, a multipurpose room, a screening room, an exhibition gallery, a sculpture garden and multiple recreational areas.
"Wabi" is derived from the Japanese wabi sabi, a concept designating an aesthetic ideal or way of life that finds beauty in imperfection, impermanence, accident and depth of nature.
The entire project was built in exposed concrete under architect Tadao Ando's quality guidelines and traditional palapas from the coast.