The objective of this competition is to select the appropriate master plan proposal for the National Museum Complex (NMC), with the aim of realizing a cultural base that is the spatial core of the Administrative City. This competition is an open international competition for all professionals and consists of two stages. In stage one (1) of the competition, conceptual land use plan of the whole project site (190,000m2) and conceptual master plan of the project area (75,000m2) of the 1st phase of the NMC project are reviewed. Entries of stage two of the competition are limited to winners of the stage one.
- Open Competition
- Conceptual development plan on the whole NMC site (190,000m2 ) + Conceptual master plan on the 1st phase area (75,000m2)
- Invitational Competition(Limited to Winners of the Stage One)
- Developed master plan on the 1st phase area (75,000m2 ) + Architectural design on facilities in the 1st step of construction (i.e. Central Operation Center, Central Storehouse, National Children Museum, and Parking Lots)
This brief provides information only for stage one(1) of the competition, and the information for stage two(2) will be provided later.
Eligibility: Any professionals in architecture, urban design, landscape design, cultural design, or other fields can enter. One (1, individual or corporate) representative of the team should be a licensed architect whose license should be current and valid at the time of registration.
- Announcement of the Stage One(1) : 2016.5.18.(Wed)
- Project Site Tour : 2016.5.26.(Thr) 11:00 (GMT+9:00)
- Registration Closing of the Stage One(1) : 2016.6.17.(Fri) 17:00 (GMT+9:00)
- Posting Questions : 2016.5.18.(Wed) 9:00 – 5.30.(Mon) 17:00 (GMT+9:00)
- Posting Answers : 2016.6.10.(Fri) 10:00 (GMT+9:00),
- Answers will be posted on the competition website
- Submission Deadline of the First Stage : 2016.7.13.(Wed) 10:00 - 17:00 (GMT+9:00)
- All courier and postal service including the international entry must have a stamp marked no later than 2016.7.12.(Tue), and the delivery must be arrived at the reception of the competition office by 2016.7.15.(Fri) 17:00 (GMT+9:00).
- Adjudication by Jury for the Stage One(1) : 2016.7.20.(Wed) - 2016.7.21.(Thr)
- Announcement of Winning Entries of the Stage One(1) : 2016.7.25.(Mon) 10:00 (GMT+9:00)
- Announcement of the Stage Two(2) : 2016.8.8.(Mon)
- Submission Deadline of the Stage Two(2) : 2016.11.4.(Fri)
- Adjudication by Jury for the Stage Two(2) : 2016.11.10.(Thr) - 2016.11.11.(Fri)
- Announcement of Winning Entries of the Stage Two(2) : 2016.11.14.(Mon) 10:00 (GMT+9:00)
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleInternational Competition: National Museum Complex Master Plan for Korea's Administrative City
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline17/06/2016 17:00
Submission Deadline13/07/2016 17:00
VenueThe Administrative City, The Korea Republic of