- Heating/Air/Sanitary/Climate : Josef Moser AG, Cham
- Acoustic/Building Physics : Michael Wichser + Partner AG, Duebendorf
- Heating & Ventilation : Josef Moser AG, Cham
- Sanitary : Josef Moser AG, Cham
- Acoustics : Michael Wichser + Partner AG, Duebendorf
- Building Physics : Michael Wichser + Partner AG, Duebendorf
- City : Cham
- Country : Switzerland
Text description provided by the architects. The multi-family house in Schluechtstrasse is the opening of housing structure in Cham.
Through the language and position of the attic the building manages the transition from small-scale structure in the east to large-scale building in the west.
The form of the lot requires the footprint of the volume. The minimum distances to the east, north and west generate a distinct shape, which is dissolved consciously on the south side.
The commercial area in the ground floor and the two 3.5 and 5.5-room apartments are organised around the exposed concrete central core. Cause of this all-around orientation the reaction to the surroundings is possible. Usages sensitive to noise are orientated to the quiet east and south. Bathroom and entrance space towards the street form a protecting buffer.
The building envelope was made out of a single layer brick wall. Fine plastered ribbons along each level and around the windows enhance the rough plaster, which decorates the massive structure.