The XX Pan-American Architecture Biennial of Quito (BAQ 2016)—under the theme “the useful classroom, best practices in the academy”—is looking for identifying local and worldwide innovative academic experiences that contribute to public interests. Such experiences include practices that can directly improve communities’ social, economic and environmental conditions, and that may be replicable as models that can be applied elsewhere. Tell us about your practical experience!
- Fill out the Form in this link.
- All experiences must have been done or sponsored by an academic institution and students must have greatly participated in the project’s design or construction.
- Submission deadline is March 30, 2016.
- The BAQ2016 academic committee will preselect among the submitted contributions.
- Additional information will then be requested from submitters of preselected contributions, which will then be used for determining a final selection for participation in the BAQ 2016 Academic Seminar.
- Once the submitted contributions have been evaluated, submitters will be notified as to whether their experience has been selected.
- Later on, there will be a conjoint resource management process between BAQ 2016 and the representative of the Architecture School or College that sponsors the selected academic experience.
- The selected public – interest design studio will participate giving a talk at BAQ 2016 Academic Seminar that will take place from November 14 to November 16, 2016. The experience(s) will be presented to a public attendance with nearly 2100 people.
- If selected to participate in the Academic Seminar, an article describing the contributed experiences will be published in the BAQ 2016 Academic Catalog.
TitleCall for Submissions: Good Practice in the Academy
TypeCall for Submissions
Registration Deadline30/03/2016 17:23
Submission Deadline30/03/2016 17:23