UPDATE: The registration deadline has been extended to August 1st, 2016.
The Tamayouz Excellence Award, the Iraqi Architecture Prize, is delighted to Launch Tamayouz International 2016 – an open international Student Award for Excellence in Architectural Graduation Projects, open to final year architecture and architecture design technology graduating in the academic year 2015/2016 worldwide.
Since its launch in 2012, Tamayouz Excellence Award has grown from a local award to an internationally recognized award judged by a renowned International Judging Panel, such as: Dame Zaha Hadid; the founder of Zaha Hadid Architects, Jane Duncan; President of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Angela Brady; Past President of the Royal Institute of British Architects, Professor Paul Ivey; Pro Vice Chancellor at London South Bank University, Katherine McNeil; Director of Architecture For Humanity - London Chapter.
The purpose of this architectural design award is to recognise the excellence in architectural design and education worldwide and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate to share architectural experience and knowledge among young architects and academics.
This award is organised by the Iraqi Architecture Prize; Tamayouz Excellence Award.
Aims and Objectives of Tamayouz International 2016:
- Aims to recognise and reward excellence in architectural design and education.
- Showcase young talents and support academics’ efforts of advancing architectural education worldwide.
- Promote a culture of excellence at an early stage among young designers to advance the profession of architecture professionally and academically.
- Exchange architecture knowledge, ideas and thoughts by providing a platform for discussions, observation and healthy competition.
- Registration: 22/02/2016 - 01/06/2016
- Submission: 01/06/2016 - 15/08/2016
- Language: English
- Prizes: First Prize: $1500 + Medal , Second Prize: $1000 + Medal, Third Prize: $500 + Medal, 7 Honorable Mentions: Medals
- Type: Open, Students, International
- Open To: All Final year architecture students worldwide (Undergraduate Studies only)
- Fees: £10/$15
Tamayouz Excellence Award is an independent initiative with no political affiliation, which aims to advance the profession of architecture in Iraq both academically and professionally. Tamayouz drives the evolution of design excellence in Iraq and thus provides a healthy competitive environment for students and architects in Iraq.
Current and Former Sponsors and Affiliates
Over the past 4 years many organizations sponsored and supported the award such as; Zaha Hadid Architects, The United Nations Global Compact, Coventry University, The Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Dewan Architects and Engineers, Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects – London, Architecture for Humanity, Al-Dulaimi Business Group, London South Bank University, Hawler University, Surchi Contracting - Erbil , Eastern Holding - Amman, AlQabas Business Group - Amman and Majid Al-Saadi Scholarship Foundation
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Entries: Tamayouz International 2016 / Excellence in Architecture Graduation Projects Worldwide
TypeCompetition Announcement (Student Competitions)
Registration Deadline01/08/2016 00:00
Submission Deadline16/08/2016 00:00