- Collaborator:Camilla Frattini (architect)
- Building Contractor:H2, Bolzano, Italy
- Structure :AeI, Firenze, Italy
- Energy :Alessandro Giuliani engineer
- Installation:FGM tecnologie srl
- Electrical System:Fabio Cantisani, Oggiona Santo Stefano, Varese, Italy
- Domotic System:B-ticino, Varese
- Wood Furniture:Falegnameria Riva, Rodero, Italy
- Ceramic:DPM ceramiche, Lonate Ceppino, Italy
- Wood Flooring:DPM ceramiche, Lonate Ceppino, Italy
- Volume:850 m3
- Client:TAU srl, Varese, Italy
Text description provided by the architects. The site, once occupied by another building, is closed to the city center. From the beginning we decided to have a sustainable approach and realize the new building on the existing trace so as not to waste other land.
The concept of the project is really clear: it’s a two-storey building (8 m high) with a simple rectangular plan. It has a wooden frame structure. The pitched roof with no eaves recalls the children archetypal house. The ground floor consists of three opaque boxes, alternated to glass surfaces. This system allows a cross relationship between the interior space and the garden.
This relationship completely changes on the first floor where the space has a longitudinal direction. It opens on the short sides with a cantilevered volume (meeting room) on the east side and a small loggia on the west side, facing a park. The façade on the ground floor is a white plaster wall. Otherwise the roof and the first floor are covered by a dark metal cladding which gives a contemporary character to the building.
In this building, certified Casa Clima Classe A, energy savings and comfort are guaranteed by many features: the wooden frame structure, the thermal insulation coating (made of wood fiber), the small use of glues, the small energy consumption, the radiant floor, the LED lighting..
The garden hosts flowerbeds and grass besides some plants like bamboo and Japanese maples. The wooden decks, which mark the entrances, can also be enjoyed during the summertime. Sustainable architecture is the main element of the project and it represents the base of the philosophy of LCA studio.