Conscious Cities is a one-day conference organised by MoA and THECUBE that aims to explore the relationship between neuroscience and architecture. By bringing together neuroscientists, architects, engineers, planners and developers, the conference aims to offer necessary tools for understanding how the built environment impacts our cognitive functions, while also showing how professionals can use research in neuroscience to design better spaces and cities for the future.
Conscious Cities will address four different themes, centred around the relationship between neuroscience and the built environment, with leading experts from both fields responding to the following questions:
- How does the built environment affect behaviour and cognition?
- How can the latest findings in neuroscience inform the design of spaces and cities?
- What is the role of technology in creating conscious spaces?
- What is the role of conscious cities in fostering innovation?
Conscious Cities conference will bring together some of the most innovative and engaging experts in the field. A practical workshop and a publication will expand upon the findings and further disseminate the discourse at the conference.
The keynote lecture will be delivered by Prof. Carlo Ratti, Director, MIT SENSEable City Lab
Other speakers include:
- Philip Tidd, Consulting Practice Area Leader, Principal, Gensler
- Dr. Jon Goodbun, Senior Lecturer in Architecture, University of Westminster
- Panos Mavros, researcher on Emotions in Urban Behaviour, UCL
- Fiona Elizabeth Zisch, neuroscientist at Spatial Cognition Group, UCL
- Itai Palti, architect and author, “A Manifesto for Conscious Cities”
- Dr. Hugo Spiers, neuroscientist and Head of Spiers Lab at UCL Institute of Behavioural Neuroscience
- Ruairi Glynn, Director, Interactive Architecture Lab, Bartlett, UCL
- Neil Davidson, Director, J & L Gibbons Landscape Architecture & Urban Design and co-author, Urban Minds project
- Juliette Morgan, Partner, Cushman & Wakefield and Head of Property, Tech City UK
- Josef Hargrave, Associate, Arup Foresight Group
- Dr. Harriet Harriss, Research Lead and Senior Tutor in Architecture and Interiors, Royal College of Art
TitleEvent: Conscious Cities Conference
FromMarch 01, 2016 09:00 AM
UntilMarch 01, 2016 06:00 PM