- Light Design:FAHR 021.3, ThinkLight, Globaltronic
- Client:Porto Lazer
- Light Support:Lighting Living Lab, Globaltronic and Lightenjin
- Material :1300 digital rulers, 20.800 Leds
- Iniciative:Porto Destino Criativo - Locomotiva
- Promoter:Porto Lazer
- Co Financing:O Novo Norte, QREN, União Europeia - Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional
- Other Partners:UNESCO – Ano Internacional da Luz 2015 and Future Cities
Text description provided by the architects. In context of “Metamorfose”, an Oporto scenic art piece from FAHR 021.3 for Locomotiva, “Porto Light Experience” emerges to deepen the experience of light creating an unexpected landmark in the city.
A collaboration between FAHR 021.3 and Thinklight.se - light design, integrated in 2015 International Year of Light, “Porto Light Experience” developed an overnight Led Light occupation on urban infrastructure intensifying its identity and relation with the city.
As a landmark, this Led Lighting contributes to the image of the contemporary city, a city alive that interacts with people and invites encounter.
The led lighting system uses the latest technologies that enables dynamic digital programming and develop the potential of interactivity with citizens, residents and visitors.
Beyond this interaction, the digital programming allows other kind of animation like sound reaction through DMX cable or variation of light intensity by video signal. Supported and developed by the Portuguese cluster Lighting Living Lab, a total of 1.300 digital rulers and more than 20.800 LEDs.
Through the joint efforts of these multidisciplinary teams, combining different areas of knowledge and creativity, the result is intended to be completely innovative ways of generate a new night experience, a dialog platform in the city.