- photographs: Nelson Garrido Photographs: Nelson Garrido
- Project Manager:Ahmad Fakhra
- Construction Manager:Hamad Hussain
- Construction:Massive Order
- Collaborators:United Engineering Consultants
- Design Team:Muhannad Al-Baqshi, Hamad Al-Khaleefi
- City:Kuwait City
Text description provided by the architects. The interior design of this glamorous retail store in downtown Kuwait city balances the power of spatial experience and functionality.
The L shaped layout presented a peculiar challenge; especially since the short arm of the L is narrow and it overlooks the main hall of the mall which makes it ideal as the main window display area.
This challenge was met by creating two distinct experiences, one in each arm of the L. One experience focuses on perfect symmetry and multiplication of perspectives via the repetition of mirrors.
The other experience sculpts space with a black and white geometric stalactites like ceiling center piece that acts as a provocative window display and doubles as a functional merchandise area.