- Student Collaborator:Felix Laitinen
- Interior Design:The client together with the architects
- Structural Design:Marko Kujala, RI
- Hvac Design:Ekotek LVI-suunnittelu Oy/ Juhani Huttunen
- Electrical Design:InsinööritoimistoTechniplan Oy / Heikki Grundström
- Architects In Charge:Ville Hara, Anu Puustinen, architects SAFA
Text description provided by the architects. Villa Lumi (lumi = snow) is bordered from three sides by streets. The incoherent suburban environment doesn't provide any interesting views or starting points for the architecture. This is why the building turns around a courtyard.
The noise of traffic is blocked with a glazed pool wing. Terrace courtyard, opening towards the evening sun from the west, is a place of several activities for the family living in the villa.
Inside the restricted palette of materials and colours, together with the high open living room, create a restful atmosphere. A special delicacy of the villa is the asymmetric cast-in-situ concrete stair in the entrance, highlighted with the roof window.
"We take equality at workplace seriously. Please note that all works and projects at the office are led by both partners with same extent".