- Construction : PRV Asociados: Laura Pinto, Humberto Rocha
- Collaborators : Mauricio Berrio, Juan Sebastian Rocha
- Structures : Ing. Lucia Rojas
- Hydraulics : Ingehidrar (Luis Fernandez)
- Electrical : Emc (Enrique Mejia)
- Arquitectos A Cargo : Fernando de La Carrera, Alejandro Cavanzo
- City : Sesquile
- Country : Colombia
To return to the essence
The idea corresponds to the primary concept of home as a child would draw. This construction made of local stone and slate, is a search for the essence of the concept of home for safeguarding from the elements and the exaltation of the landscape. It is a contemporary reinterpretation of the rural house in the mountains.
The volume is a pure prism that captures the sun on all sides avoiding eaves to assimilate as much heat from the sun in the cold climate of the plateau at an altitude of 2,700 m, toward the stunning view of a dam.
Attached to the volume, another prism, this time totally contemporary, heats the house with the morning sun while it serves as a buffer and leisure area from home activities.
Within it, all bathrooms in the house are lit overhead and heated during the day, creating a false sense of being outdoors but without the inclement weather.