- Technical Architect : GOPSE, Elíes Sanz Espada
- Construction : Global Projects
- Finishes And Windows : Soldevila Construcció i decoració en fusta
- Lighting : Viabizzuno Barcelona + Alventosa Morell Arquitectes
- Project Year : 2011-2013
- Project Architects : Josep Ma. Alventosa, Marc Alventosa y Xavier Morell
- City : Barcelona
- Country : Spain
- Is it feasible to build a house between party walls creating an intimate space full of natural light in a big city like Barcelona?
Privacy and light
The project is based on a single family house and a warehouse in a plot between party walls, surrounded by high-rise buildings that make it difficult to obtain natural light and a comfortable relationship with the environment. Another important aspect is the fact that the only street that gives access to the site is very noisy, with a maximum decibel level according to regulations.
From these premises we decided that the construction of the house between party walls would be organized from the difference between the evening program located in the area of the access road and the day program facing the interior courtyard.
While on the street facade we design an extremely compact and differentiated treatment to preserver privacy and protect from the existing daytime noise; inside the block we create a fully open facade that relates to a small terrace.
From a system of folding shutters we get protection from excessive solar radiation and through a series of vertical spaces and skylights, we guarantee a continuous natural light, very surprising in a building between party walls with a building depth of 17m.