ESARQ-UIC has a teaching method based on a scalar approach which covers building to landscape design, incorporating all areas of knowledge. This allows the school to produce highly competitive professionals, who are multifaceted, innovative, committed and entrepreneurial and are also able to act as leaders when facing new challenges.
To learn more about the Master and Postgraduate programs offered at UIC, read on...
REASONS TO STUDY IN ESARQ-UIC:
• Personalised attention
• Guidance and coaching
• Classes taught in English, international lecturers and exchange agreements
• Foros ESARQ. A series of conferences involving prestigious architects
• A Vertical Workshop which involves students from 1st through to 5th year creating a social interest project
• Compulsory subjects on cooperation, sustainability and accessibility
• A university campus with cutting edge technology located in the city of Barcelona
• Workshop on 3D architectural models and CAD/CAM production
• Work-placements in internationally prestigious architectural firms
• A national and international job bank
• 84% subjects with an English language pathway
• 1/10 teacher-student ratio in project-based
• 94% employability, according to the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU).
• It is the only Catalan Architecture School which has two Company-sponsored Chairs: The Barcelona ASCER Ceramics Chair and the CEIM Chair in Industrialised Construction and Environment.
Erasmus Mundus Master Course
• It is the only Catalan Architecture School which holds the prestigious Erasmus Mundus Master Course accreditation.
• First prize in the two last editions of the Muestra de Proyectos Final de Carrera (Final Projects Show) at the Spanish Biennial on Architecture and Urbanism.
• Various prizes at the nine last editions of the Cevisama Lab international architectural competition.
Learn More About the Master and Postgraduates Programs Offered at ESARQ-UIC:
Postgraduate Degree Accessibility and Design for All | 4th edition | ESARQ School of Architecture (Barcelona)
Currently when carrying out projects, designs, and new building constructions, renovations and extensions, we must respect among others, the requirements of the accessibility regulations. Through this course we will try to provide students with the necessary tools for you to analyze and understand the design for accessibility in spaces, pathways, elements, products and services of our environment; in order to not only know what is required by regulations, but to master all the details needed for the implementation of the "unnoticed accessibility " with normalizing criteria and designs for everyone, including handicap people. Ultimately the art of understanding, identifying, designing and facilitating: DESIGN FOR ALL.
Master’s Degree in Biodigital Architecture | ESARQ School of Architecture (Barcelona)
The UIC’s University Master’s degree in Biodigital Architecture was set up in the year 2000 as a pioneering postgraduate programme. The master deals with architecture seen from a biological and a digital point of view, bringing together the founders of cutting-edge 21st century “digital organicism”. This is done in order to develop concepts such as genetic and generative, the idea of emergence in the natural and digital worlds, biomimesis, biolearning, morphogenesis, etc. As part of this Master’s degree, students will experiment with genetic-driven software, evolutionary processes, emerging systems, algorithms, parametrics, scripting, etc. New technologies have provided us with opportunities for mass-customization production (Data-driven production, computer numerical control machines, 3D printers...), which lead to new formulations of non-standard architecture, based on evolutionary principles (variation, mutation and hybridation). Therefore, since it is founded within the “Genetic Architecture” line of research in the ESARQ School of Architecture, special attention is paid to undertaking projects related to either the cybernetic-digital or the ecological-environmental systems.
Master’s Degree in International Cooperation in Sustainable Emergency Architecture Official Masters 6th edition | ESARQ School of Architecture (Barcelona)
The ever-growing impact of climate change, military conflicts, rapid urbanization and economic crises present a clear need and opportunity for qualified professionals in both developed and developing countries. This Master degree is the only masters with a joint focus on international cooperation, sustainable urban development and emergency architecture. It provides students with the necessary theoretical and methodological background in order to develop an interdisciplinary approach and manage projects in cooperation and sustainable development ranging from the urban to the architectural scale.
*The master includes a 6ECTS course “Humanitarian Shelter and Settlements” certified by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Master's Degree in Urbanism Regenerating Intermediate Landscapes | ESARQ School of Architecture (Barcelona)
SUSTAINABLE STRATEGIES FOR CONTEMPORARY LANDSCAPES
The Master in Urbanism "Regenerating Intermediate Landscapes" at ESARQ-UIC in Barcelona provides a unique methodology for regenerating complex contemporary landscapes that encompasses practice form urban design to landscape architecture at a scale between neighborhood and region. Our online classes and our three month hands-on workshop in Barcelona, complement each other offering a perfect format for international and local professionals.