- Certifier:Thomas Independent Certification
- Cost Consultant:Savills Project Management
- Hydraulic:Beavis and Cochrane
- Interior Design / Signage:Landini Associates, BDA Architecture
- 3 D Perspectives / Fly Through:Response Image
- Awards:2014 Building of the Year Award – AIA Gold Coast / Northern Rivers
- Project Architect:Adam Beck
- Design Architect:Steve McCracken
- City:Surfers Paradise
Text description provided by the architects. This project is designed to create a new destination for a mix of commodity style shopping and experience based shopping as well as to promote social interaction. The buildings provide a variety of flexible trading areas which will be responsive to the creative expression of individual retailers.
The Market Hall and communal spaces are spacious light and airy, possessing a distinct outdoor feel in response to the subtropical climate. These spaces are able to be opened up to the waterfront and naturally ventilated when the weather permits or to be closed up and air-conditioned during inclement conditions, providing a design that is in tune with environment conditions.
Designated services areas accommodate the loading, unloading and storage or goods. Customer amenities include public toilets, a parent’s room and seating areas. Landscaping is subtropical and colourful, with species selected to provide shade and tropical character with minimal requirements for irrigation. The project provides a strong sense of place and identity for the community. It also provides a place where visitors can enjoy fresh air, breezes, sunlight penetration, the sight and sound of rain and views to the waterfront.