- Structure:Raul de Villafranca
- Construction:Factor Eficiencia
- Structural Engineering:Arco Radial
- Building Services:Plastic Plumbers
- Site Management:PCC Construcciones
- Project Architects:Patricio Guerrero, David Mandujano, Eduardo Palomino, Ruben Coxca, Belinda Garcia, Paulina Garcia, Luis Garcia, Miguel Mercado, Rafael Hop
- Project Management:Elias Cattan, Yair Wolff, Allan Betech
- City:Benito Juárez
Text description provided by the architects. Nicolás San Juan is a housing project for ecological apartments located in Colonia del Valle. In addition to a good location, this neighborhood has tree-lined streets, parks and gardens where residents can stroll in one of the neighborhoods with more green areas of the city.
The concept is based on interlocking flows of energy and material with patterns that govern the natural world, that is, to create a home with a high environmental performance.
The project has 7 apartments in 2 and 3 levels and double heights, with an exceptional environmental performance. The project has terraced urban gardens where food and ornamental plants are produced.
The project has a responsible program for waste management and recycling. Rainwater is collected by a cascade type system, treated in a treatment plant and reused in toilets and terraces. The interior walls between apartments are made from straw bales, and the structure is inspired in native trees found in the area, optimizing the amount of material and its resistance.