- Engineering : Anatomia Civil – Engenharia do Imobiliário, Lda
- Water Supply And Infrastructure : EcoServiços, Gestão de Sistemas Ecológicos, Lda
- Client : Câmara Municipal da Ribeira Grande
- Architects In Charge : Fernando Monteiro, Marco Resendes, Miguel Sousa
- Collaborators : Diana Policarpo, Pedro Cordeiro
- City : Ribeira Grande
- Country : Portugal
From the architects: The major meaning of the project given was to empathize the small place memories, but knowing the need of improving and qualify the pedestrian access and the bath facilities in the Porto Formoso beach.
Indeed, in a modern formal language, the project have been made to give a major role to the place’s existences as by its landscape materiality presence, as by the enclosing housing, which, by ages, have been giving to this place a cozy and intimate image.Therefore, the built project had these assumptions as the very foundation, but allied with significant functional improvements, from public illumination to the beach attainability itself, providing bath facilities dimensioned for the regular number of bathers, a first aid post, exterior showers and repaving the all area from the main road artery to the shore.
The project offered a unique opportunity to enhance its urban and functional conditions, enriching the surrounding environment and providing a rich sensorial experience.