Eight teams have been selected to participate in the second stage of an international competition to masterplan a new financial center west of “New Moscow”. Located in Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye, the 460 hectare mixed-use development will include the construction of offices, housing and hotels, as well as commercial and social infrastructure.
The 8 shortlisted teams are:
- Rezerv (Russia) and Maxwan (Netherlands)
- Xaveer De Geyter Architects (XDGA) (Belgium), MDP (France) and Buro Happold and Morri (UK)
- KCAP (Netherlands)
- SOM (USA) and Andrey Chernikhov Architecture & Design Studio (Russia)
- Gensler (USA)
- MAD, EADG (China) and Arup (UK)
- Team Moscow: ASTOC and HPP (Germany)
- Panerai & Associes (France), Mecanoo (Netherlands), Jauzaproject Architects (Russia), Buro Happold and Spectrum (UK)
Each team is expected to provide a masterplan proposal. Only three teams will move into the competition’s third stage.