- Architecture : Alfonso de Luna, M. Àngels Manchado, Maria Francesca Cirrincione
- Technical Architecture : ENNE-GESTIÓ ACTIVA DE PROYECTOS, S.L. (Inma Casado, Albert Bonaventura)
- Structure : Manuel Arguijo
- Instalations : Grupo JG
- Execution : Bartomeu Pérez Albarrán y Narcís Frigolé Valls
- Quality Control : VIAS y Construcciones S.A.
- Construction : VIAS y Construcciones S.A.
- Property : IAS (Instituto de Asistencia Sanitaria)
- Architects In Charge : Brullet Pineda Arquitectes, Manuel Brullet i Tenas, Albert de Pineda i Alvarez
- City : Salt
- Country : Spain
Text description provided by the architects. Due to well-defined surrounding context in which this complex is located, the Healthcare building has had to adapt and respect the urban parameters, trying to integrate with the existing context, and moreover, the new Healthcare centre building tries to make use of the complex’s organization and functioning, using not only the electrical and mechanical facilities, but also tunnels that connect the complex facilities as a whole. Thus, even though it is visually composed of separate buildings, they are all related in order to maximize each others needs and help the users and the working staff transit from one building to another.
The Healthcare residence consists of three wards with only a ground floor and a basement for general services. In order to have light and a natural atmosphere in all interior spaces, large patios have been created. The home’s functional organization has all the residential areas distributed around a central core made up of general support zones and next to these areas are the administration areas and resident’s therapy units.
The interior layout helps the users to recognize at any time, spaces in which they live and allow them to get their bearings within the building: natural light from the skylights and from the interior patios, the views of the outside, strengthen and comfort the healthcare workers and users of the center. The corridors are mainly horizontal and they join all the services through internal patios: this way the floor is clearly defined and the corridors are always marked by the entry of natural light.
In addition, each unit has its own identifying color, which is clearly evident on the interior wood finishes. Moreover, the center is divided in four colors, for the elderly to quickly get the bearings when looking for their room or any other common area.