- Building Services:Ingenieurbüro Mittag
- Energy Consulting:Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- Cost:3 million EUR
- Gross Volume:4,700 m3
- Project Manager:Ulrich Schimtenings
- Architects Case Study:Olga Ritter, Mathias Astrom, Kilian Jockisch
- Architects Realization:Heinz Josef Döpper, Mathias Astrom, Olga Ritter
Situated in an exposed position in Münster close to the Aasee, the office building forms the end of a row of buildings facing the lake. The starting point for the design concept was a provision in the development plan for the top floor of all buildings to be set back. By cre- ating several circular cut-outs, this set-back feature has not been limited to the top floor.
It has been extended into the floors below by taking out cylindrical sections forming terraces and a covered entrance area. The cantilevered elements have been suspended so that all external terraces are free of supports. This has the effect that the otherwise stable rectan- gular shape appears to have lost its balance. However, this slightly irritating aspect lends the building its expressive and memorable appearance.