Before even stepping out of the car, residents of the Porsche Design Tower will experience extravagant luxury. It features a one-of-a-kind robotic parking system that allows owners to park their vehicles in sky garages directly next to their units. Miami, Florida based Archiform 3D used ArchiCAD to initially create the tower from the architect’s sketches. They shaped the building and its features in cooperation with Porsche to pursue and receive initial city approvals.
Archiform used ArchiCAD throughout the process of reshaping, rehashing, and representing the development from week to week. The firm moved forward from there and continued over a period of almost 2 years using ArchiCAD to refine the aesthetics and the actual operation and function of the car elevator system from the basement to the private garages. Lastly, the homes were modeled, explored, and refined in detail to meet the high expectations of the developer.
The firm then leveraged the power of GRAPHISOFT’s BIMx to visualize the high rise residence.
The proposed building will have three circular platforms at the building’s center, which operate as passenger-speed ‘automobile elevators’ equipped with sensors that will take vehicles and their owners to their designated floor. The cars will then be parked at one of 284 robotic parking spaces adjacent to the owners’ units. Each unit within the Porsche Design Tower is 3,800-9,500 square feet, and most feature a duplex layout. All ocean-facing units have a private pool.
The development will come with three robotic car elevators that will take owners and their cars right to their pads, so they won’t have to get out of their vehicle until they are in front of their unit. Once the car is parked, residents will be able to see it through their living room window.
We think you’ll want to move in after you attend this online seminar – but from a business perspective, you’ll gain some pretty valuable insight. Attend this session and:
- Hear Steve Bell discuss how Archiform 3D leveraged the power of GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD to create the full BIM model for this project
- See the power of BIMx in visualizing the Porsche Design Tower
- Learn how to use GRAPHISOFT’s cloud-based BIMx model sharing service
- Participate in a live Q&A session
- And more!
Registration is now open, but space is limited – so click on the appropriate link below (for your time zone) to reserve your spot.
- “London time” (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM GMT)
- “Paris, Berlin, Madrid time” (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CEST)
- “Moscow time” (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM MSK)
- “New York time” (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM EDT)
- “Los Angeles time” (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDT)
- “Sydney time” (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM AEST)
- “Madrid time” – Spanish Language (Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CEST)
Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirming your registration with information needed to join the webinar.
PC users – note that you’ll need Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server and Mac users will have to be running Mac OS® X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer.
Don’t have ArchiCAD yet? Please proceed to our download & registration page to get it for FREE!