Text description provided by the architects. Situated in a secluded cul-de-sac in the fashionable area of Bukit Timah in Singapore, this private family residence is a beautiful and understated piece of bespoke and holistic architectural design. The modest entrance façade gently invites you through into a stunning pool area which reveals the U-shaped plan of the building. This form allows for seclusion as well as views of the pool area from virtually every room in the house as well as fantastic ventilation through full height sliding louver and glass doors. This is helped by the orientation of residence to make full use of the day and night prevailing breeze.
The simple no fuss architectural language of the house is further accentuated by a 4 tone colour palette to not only highlight the form, but also to allow the client’s stunning pieces of furniture to take centre stage. This unpretentious approach in keeping to the natural and simplistic setting of the built environment led to a refined and elegant feel to the spaces, worthy of the esteemed client.
The quality of light and the form on the interior spaces were key to the design which is evident from the generously proportioned lounge and the double height dining area of the first floor. These grand rooms offer fantastic spaces for the family to congregate and enjoy time together.
The second floor of the property is dedicated to the private realms of the users and a relaxing alternative lounge away from the main family area. A comprehensive aluminum louver system, across this floor, aids in sun shading, so as to minimize air-con usageas well as to offer exclusive and spiritual privacy against the surrounding properties.
Some Materials and Finishes used for the Surfaces, Partitions, Floorings, Walls:
1. BiancoCarraraand Molton Brown Marble for Living, Dining, Dry Kitchen floor.
2. Bush hammered and flamed Kur Grey Granite for all outdoors and external walls.
3. Blue turquoise mosaic for the pool and Burmese Teak Timber flooring for all bedrooms and common corridors.
4. Calacatta Oro and Breccia Paradiso Marble for all the bathrooms. Various vinyl backed Essex Singapore Wall paper for all the bedrooms and common areas.
5. Duravit, Hansgrohe and GerebitSanitary Wares and system
6. Jung EIB Switch Systems
7. Ferro Aluminum Sun shading and Window System
8. Hunter Douglas Mechanical Sun shading Blinds
9. RIMADESIO Velaria Glass Sliding Partition Door System supplied By Vivo Systems Singapore
10. Ironmongeries by Dorma Systems andHewi180 Series (Door Handles)
Summarised Design Concept
1. Proportioned, Timeless, Tailored Elegance