The OS House by Johnsen Schmaling Architects is located in downtown Racine, Wisconsin and attempts to redefine the urban fabric of this historic rustbelt city. Sited on a narrow lot between a 3-story mansion and a mid-century ranch, the colorful 1,900sf residence is a welcome and dynamic intervention to the streetscape.
In Fall 2008, the First Unitarian Society of Madison completed a major new addition to its Frank Lloyd Wright-designed National Historic Landmark Meeting House. Commissioned by the First Unitarian Society in 1946 and completed in 1951, the original Meeting House has been hailed as one of the world’s most innovative examples of church architecture. In 1960 the American Institute of Architects listed the Meeting House as one of seventeen buildings to be retained as an example of Wright’s contribution to American culture.
Architect: The Kubala Washatko Architects (TKWA)
Location: 900 University Bay Drive, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Project Area: 20,000 sqf
Project Year: 2008
Photographs: Courtesy of TKWA