Angela Brooks and Lawrence Scarpa of Brooks + Scarpa have been recognized for their “leadership in sustainable and socially progressive design” by the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. The Los Angeles-based architects will receive one of 10 National Design Awards given by the Museum in honor of “lasting achievement in American Design.”
Witold Rybczynski, writer and professor of architecture at the University of Pennsylvania, will also receive a National Design Award for his many written contributions to architecture, urbanism and design.
A complete list of the 2014 National Design Award winners, after the break...
- Lifetime Achievement: Ivan Chermayeff and Tom Geismar
- Design Mind: Witold Rybczynski
- Corporate & Institutional Achievement: Etsy
- Architecture Design: Brooks + Scarpa
- Communication Design: Office
- Fashion Design: Narciso Rodriguez
- Interaction Design: Aaron Koblin
- Interior Design: Roman and Williams Buildings and Interiors
- Landscape Architecture: Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture
- Product Design: LUNAR
More about the awardees can be found, here.