The redevelopment of Sydney’s an inner-city waterfront precinct of Barangaroo is making progress, as the Barangaroo Delivery Authority (BDA) has announced the five teams shortlisted for the master planning services for Barangaroo Central. The project will complete the long term vision for Barangaroo, which was masterplanned by Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners, by forming the “heart of the site” that will be the transition along the waterfront walk from the southern urban and commercial spaces to the natural form six hectare of the Headland Park.
The full shortlist includes:
- Bjarke Ingels Group (Denmark) and Hassell (Australia)
- Woods Bagot (Australia), Scape NYC (USA)
- UN Studio (Holland), LAB architecture studio (Australia), NH Architecture (Australia), Imelk (USA)
- Sasaki Associates (USA), Diller Scofidio Renfro (USA); Jackson Teece (Australia)
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (USA) + Andersen Hunter Horne (Australia)
The successful team appointed as the Barangaroo central master planner will lead the development of the conceptual vision for the precinct leading to the design of an excellent and exciting Central Master Plan. The Authority intends to select a team by mid December 2012 to commence master planning work in the first quarter of 2013.