The Orange Office is an architecturally distinctive landmark on Lincoln Blvd that will be immediately identifiable by its orange exterior.
Orange fiber grate provides a screen over translucent acrylic to diminish heat gain. At night the building will glow thanks to the acrylic panels under the orange grating – and during the day the translucent acrylic will allow a soft diffuse light for plenty of natural daylighting.
The “green roof” of the building will have a ring of tall grasses to wave in the ocean breezes: an idyllic garden that provides a lush green getaway high above the rush of traffic.
The office provides an eco-friendly work environment:
- Orange fiber-grate screen diminishes heat gain
- Multi-cell acrylic paneled exterior provides excellent natural daylighting
- Translucent acrylic panels provide excellent natural daylighting
- Green roof (roof garden)
- Low-flush toilets
- Individually adjustable HVAC – up to seven zones per floor
- Earth-friendly kitchen counters and cabinets
- Low-VOC paint
- Low-energy fluorescent lighting
- Energy-star appliances
The benefit to designing an architecturally distinctive green office space can be seen in the potential tenants that it attracts. Sander Architects will occupy half of the top floor and we have leased the remaining space +/- 6,000 square feet to epOxyGreen, the largest source in Southern California for green design and construction materials, for the expansion of their business. The plan is to create a Green Design Center that will be a ‘one stop shop’ for eco-friendly construction and design.