This week our Architecture City Guide is headed Kansas City. With more boulevards than any other city except Paris, Kansas City is commonly called “Paris of the Plains.” Although its architecture might not rival Paris, there is plenty of great architecture, and as always it was difficult to keep our list to only 12 designs. Kansas City is also the headquarters of this year’s AIA National Firm Award, BNIM. Take a look at the list and add to it in the comment section below.
The Architecture City Guide: Kansas City list and corresponding map after the break.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art / Steven Holl Architects
- Botwin Building / el dorado
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art / Gunnar Birkerts
- Community Christian Church / Frank Lloyd Wright
- Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art / Kyu Sung Woo Architects
- One Park Place / Skidmore Owings and Merrill (SOM)
- Christian Life Center / BNIM
- The Sprint Center / 360 Architecture, Ellerbe Becket, Populous, Rafael Architects
- The Kansas City Star Printing Plant / Juan Moreno
- Freight House Pedestrian Bridge / BNIM
- Bartle Hall Expansion / HNTB Architecture
- 5 Delaware Lofts / el dorado